To learn more about and participate in our events add yourself to our contact list by clicking this link.
New York Open Water, Inc. was formed for the purposes of conducting and providing safety, support and funding for open water swimming and kayaking programs and events, while advocating for creating better stewardship of New York State’s natural water resources, and promoting public access to these waters.
New York Open Water Inc. is a 501 (c) (3). Our by-laws are posted here.
The corporation provides:
- A series of annual open water swimming events including the 8 Bridges Hudson River Swim; a 7-day, 120 mile swim along the Hudson River that celebrates the Hudson River and New York Harbor by offering a challenging and safe environment for swimmers to test their ability, while raising awareness for the health, environmental stewardship, and enjoyment of this body of water.
- Support and services for solo marathon swimming and paddling adventures.
- Open water navigation and safety educational and training services for the open water community.
- Sanctioning and record keeping of open water marathon swims in New York State.
- Funding to support the establishment and operation of athletic and environmental aquatic programs including the promotion of youth in open water events in order to further the growth and longevity of the sport.
- Organizational support services to related institutions in New York in order to maximize our impact on current efforts.